100 years before lance armstrong became a famed american bicycle racer in what is considered a european sport another american rider amassed fame and glory on the bicycle racing tracks of the world marshall major taylor. Taylor moved to chicago in 1930 and boarded at a local ymca as he tried to sell copies of his self published autobiography the fastest bicycle rider in the world he died penniless in the . About the book major taylor the first african american world champion in any sport other than boxing he catapulted to international fame at a time when bicycle track racing was the most popular sport in america and beyond. an 1894 letter to the editor from major taylor about the proposed white only membership rule for the league of american wheelmen the value of good habits and clean living from the fastest bicycle rider in the world major taylors autobiography
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.