Alexander girard became director of design for herman millers textile division in 1952 a time when fabrics especially in the office tended toward the utilitarian drab and pattern less. Art is only art when it is synonymous with living there are two certitudes commonly assigned to midcentury designer alexander girard he was the least well known of the great designers at herman miller in the 1950s and 1960s and he was the greatest colorist and textile designer of modern time. Alexander girard is an encyclopedic 672 pages study of the design gurus influential style especially his whimsical table settings martha stewart living
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.