Lepsius for example attributed the more advanced features of african languages to influences from caucasian languages the expanded study of african languages is relatively recent advancing with the spread of generative theory which used african languages importantly in its development. Perspective of language specific analysis especially of little known languages corpus linguistics typological comparison areal linguistics semantics and pragmatics and or grammaticalisation 1 what are the morphological means to mark attenuation on adjectives or other quality. And finally how significant is the role of areal diffusion and thus of language contact in the various affinities observable between so many african languages in order to present a general perspective on areal relationship in africa the book comprises nine chapters
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.